Thursday, November 13, 2008

Jack the Bear
























1 comment:

CP~ said...

I can think of many movies that I have an emotional connection with or have some amazing scenes/quotes that I reference in my "real life". While I was reading your post the first scene that popped into my mind was from the Santa Clause.
Besides being full of many Daddy abandonment issues, similar to mine (his fault or not) and really all the child wants is to be with Daddy, it also has a great message about intangibles, which ironically my stepdad used to preach the same message to me.
Transcript: (Charlie is Santa's son and Neil is Charlie's stepdad)
Neil: What about the reindeer? Have you ever seen a reindeer fly?
Charlie: Yes.
Neil: Well, I haven't.
Charlie: Have you ever seen a million dollars?
Neil: No!
Charlie: Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I remember going to this movie with girlfriends my junior or senior year in high school. My friend Shannon and I had similar parents divorce stories and I remember we cried through the entire movie. I couldn't watch it again for years. I love it now...for the record though- I have an unhealthy relationship with Christmas movies...but I do still cry everytime.
I know this example isn't has poingnant as yours, but to me it is special and I can relate to that little boy like I have never been able to relate to anyone else in a movie.