Thursday, June 5, 2008

Two most feared words: FAMILY-VACATION




So next week we are off! We are going to attempt to travel to Branson with the boys. I'm very aprehensive about it but am hoping for the best. We're also taking our Nephew Cody with us and being 12, he can help entertain the boys on the ride. We're going to first travel to Jenks in Tulsa and go to the Aquarium and then on to Branson from there. We'll be staying on a beautiful lake resort 10 miles from the strip.



I remeber our family vacations every summer. We'd all load up in the olive green station wagon with wood siding and white leather -burn your backside interior. From Oklahoma to Minnesota we would play the fun games of "I have to pee", "How much longer", and "Troy/Amanda's on my side". I wisely would choose the seat behind my father because that meant if us precious children in the back were misbehaving, my father couldn't reach me to swat at me. Troy unfortunately was in the direct line of fire. However, sitting behind my father also meant I couldn't get any cold air, couldn't see the road, and was constantly puking from motion sickness 90 percent of the time. Needless to say, I've left my mark all along the U.S.'s great highways.

Anyway, we're going to give it a shot, try to make some similar memories of our own, and hope for the best. Please pray for my family as we're on the road, not just our safety, but our sanity as well! Later gators!!

1 comment:

4rosies said...

have a good time on your trip and i'll be praying for you...and for your patience :)