And on a lighter note...
Well we're back from our vacation and we had a fun time. And by fun of course I
mean the trip involved all the classics of a "good" vacation.
1. There were tears
2. Screaming
3. Frustration
4. Vomit (by me- thanks mom for the motion sickness genes, wish they made
greeting cards to show my appreciation
5. Vows of silence
It really wasn't so bad, we just tried to pack too many ideas into the trip that it
left us a little overwhelmed. The trip to the Aquarium at Jenks was great and the
boys enjoyed the ride (for the most part). The Condo we stayed at on Tablerock
Lake was the coolest, (complete with a washer/dryer that I'm still so excited
about-no dirty clothes to take home!) the boys got to fish whenever they wanted,
and we rented a pontoon boat for a couple hours to cruise around the lake. (Man
that was a run-on sentence, sorry Mrs. Shook!)
Anyway , I'm left wondering why people/families do this to themselves. Do we
really need to get out of town, spend gobs of money and get irritated with each
other just to make "vacation memories"? The most fun Nash and Cody had was
when they were fishing off the dock with a cane pole. I guess the vacation
experience is for the parents-"Can we do it? Yes we can! They'll think we're the
best! We'll show them THE WORLD!!!" When in all actuality they'd be content
with a couple of uninterrupted hours of our time. No we're not going on another
vacation anytime soon, and I'm sure next year we'll try again, but in the
meantime, I 'll suggest camping out in our backyard- and I'll even come yell at
them every once in awhile just so they feel like they're on "vacation".
Outside our Cottage in Eureka Springs
And after....
My favorite picture

2 comments:
Girlfriend you crack me up! Of course you need to go on vacation to make all of those wonderful memories. Our boys still to this day talk about vacations we have taken 3yrs ago. I think the screaming, vomitting and meltdowns are all worth it. Besides, they don't remember those times, they remember that awesome fish they caught or the rocks they got to climb on! So, it's ALL worth it! However, the boys and I are leaving tomorrow to meet Troy in South Dakota so, please keep us in your prayers. ;)
Looks like you guys had a great time!! Glad you're back though! :)
Post a Comment