Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Random Rambling

* To hear Obama say "as a man of faith" within the same breath as stating stem-cell research should go on AMAZES ME!

* Nash said this morning we should sell Cage...and he was serious

* I just ordered a new camera and I'm super excited to learn how to use it! Two weeks is a long time to wait and I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas!

* I miss my quiet time with God

* Why do people call themselves "spiritual" instead of "religious"? I saw a nasty list explaining the differences but all I got out of it is "spiritual" people want to blatantly sin and live as they wish without any consequences.

* Facebook is addicting

* Yes, our Real Estate market is still strong right now, QUIT ASKING ME!!

* Why do people that abuse and neglect children seem to be the most fertile?

* Do you think God regrets promising not to flood us again?

* Nash wanted to know if there's really a pot of gold at the end of the Rainbow. I laughed and he looked at me strangely. I ALMOST said "no, that's like the Easter Bunny, it's not real", but stopped myself. He knows why a Rainbow's there (God's promise), but thought the gold was included. I think I ended up changing the subject.

* Nash is asking me questions I can't answer! Where's that line where you tell them what they want to hear, and giving them too much info?

* That's it for now, I've been slacking here and have lots on my mind so I thought I'd come drop a couple things off!

9 comments:

Troy Rosenkranz said...

1. What kind of camera are you getting?

2. If you miss your quiet time, make it happen.

3. How do certain types of stem cell research contradict being a person of faith?

Amanda said...

A Nikon D40 with 3 lenses, cleaning kit, 2 tri-pod's, 2 carrying cases and a partridge in a pear tree

I know right?

That's a big discussion. Let me just start off by saying, embryonic stem cell research has produced NO cures, only tumors in rats, and addtionally, adult stem cells are the only ones that have produced any positive results. More later. Promise I'll back it up. So are you saying this is a positive in your book? I know the Methodist church has condoned abortion in the past but come on...

Amanda said...

Oh yeah...

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=Stem+Cell+Research+Ethics+Methodist+Church&page=1&qsrc=2417&ab=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Farchives.umc.org%2Finterior.asp%3Fptid%3D4%26mid%3D6560

Amanda said...

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=Stem+Cell+Research+Ethics+Methodist+Church&page=1&qsrc=2417&ab=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Farchives.umc.org%2Finterior.asp%3Fptid%3D4%26mid%3D6560

Troy Rosenkranz said...

1. Spend a few more dollars and get the D40X, you are going to want those added megapixels!

2. I didn't say I was a fan of stem cell research. All of what I have read makes it sound like stem cell research is little more than a pipe dream. Sounds like all the research has led to nothing. As long as embryos are not deliberately created for research purposes then I say let them try their best. Not sure why that decision makes Obama not a man of faith.

3. Being a United Methodist does in no way, shape, or form mean I agree across the board will all of their stances on issues. I am a Christian first. I attend a United Methodist Church. Some people like to use their church's theology as a way to not have to think for themselves. I am not one of those people.

4. Is the real estate market strong right now?

CP~ said...

I think Nash sounds like a pretty great kid!
Totally with you on the stem cell/Obama issue.
So...the real estate market...good?
FB is addicting.
good ramblings, thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

Christina, thanks for stopping by!

Troy- that wasn't fair of me to group you- sorry! I just don't think someone should call themselves a Christian yet pick and choose what to believe from the Bible. It's all or nothing. Sure I sin, and I accept that it's a sin, I don't say "well, God didn't mean it like that, or it was different back then". And just b/c the embryo's are "disposable" doesn't make them less of a child in God's eyes. I don't know the right thing to do with them if the mother isn't going to use them, I don't think they should have been made in a lab to begin with, it's a slippery slope when we start messing with nature.

Amanda said...

Troy- on the camera the differences are very minimal and it was a package deal anyway where there wasn't an option to upgrade. I'm so excited, it's supposed to be here Monday! I'm going to take off work and try to learn as much as I can. I'll probably have my head buried in the manual for a couple weeks!

Queen of Abstract said...

love the randomness of your blog. I got here by a black box on another site! Your site reminds me of mine...totally random, somewhat religious, somewhat political. Weird how the box knew. Now if it can only give me those winning lottery numbers. Just kidding, I don't gamble!