Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Not to get preachy but...I'm gonna...

I was reminded in a sermon recently to live with Jesus. Hard to practice, but good to be reminded! I liked how he said "If you live with Jesus you'll never be lost." Simple. Shouldn't be rocket science but it feels like it sometimes. Then he went on to say (paraphrased) how "it might be difficult for you to get to Jesus. However, Jesus will find you wherever you are. He'll drag you out of that bottle, that substance abuse, your doubt, your inadequacies, etc. Whatever darkness you're in, He can find you, He's the light after all! He can get to you, just raise up your hand and let him pull you out." So today, I'm raising my hand. I want to be saved from getting in the way of myself. "To live with Jesus", what a great place to be!


And I stole this from someone but don't know who:


The next time you feel like GOD can't use you, just remember...

Noah was a drunk, Abraham was too old, Isaac was a daydreamer , Jacob
was a liar, Leah was ugly, Joseph was abused, Moses had a stuttering
problem, Gideon was afraid, Sampson had long hair and was a womanizer,
Rahab was a prostitute, Jeremiah and Timothy were too young, David had
an affair and was a murderer, Elijah was suicidal, Jonah ran from God,
Naomi was a widow, Jobe went bankrupt, John the Baptist ate bugs,
Peter denied Christ, The Disciples fell asleep while He prayed, Martha
worried about everything, the Samaritan woman was divorced, more than
once, Zaccheus was too small, Paul was too religious, Timothy had an
ulcer...

AND, Lazarus was dead!!

No more excuses now!! God can use us to our full potential. Besides we
aren't the message, we are just the messenger.

'So, let your LIGHT SHINE...' Matt 5:16

2 comments:

Troy Rosenkranz said...

Good stuff sis

Amanda said...

really? I was pleased with it...
: )