I could stare at this picture all day. It's one of my favorite paintings of Klimt's. Most people are familiar and fond of the "The Kiss", but I like this one best, it's a picture of satisfaction to me. I've been surrounded lately by frustrations. It's hard not to feel beat down when half of the people you run into are pessimists. Now granted, I can have a jaded opinion on certain topics but I like to think of myself as an optimist. Sometimes I have to remind myself of this assertion but all in all I don't go through life mad at the world. There's the given things that bring me joy, my husband, kids, even my job- but I genuinely feel SATISFIED. It's taken a long time to get to this point in my life. I've definitely had my trials and heartbreak but who hasn't?? I don't think I've had it better or worse than anyone, so why do people constantly play the "Poor me" card?
"Why are things easier for others?"
"How come I can't be skinny?"
"The teacher is easier on him"
"My wife walks all over me"
"It's too windy, cold, it's not snowing, I hate this weather"
It's constant around here. I have my fair share of complaints as well but they don't consume me. If you constantly compare your life to someone else's you'll never see what you have. If you're unhappy in Oklahoma-move- but you'll probably be unhappy wherever you go. If you're overweight push back the plate . If you think your wife walks all over you grow a backbone or quit whining about it.
Whew, I feel much better now. Now go be SATISFIED or take some accountability for your life and CHANGE IT.
Can I get an AMEN?


6 comments:
Amen Sister! Couldn't agree with you more. It can be hard to get to that point, but there is a lot of comfort/relief/satisfaction once you do. RESPONSIBILITY!
Thank you for your reminding words. I know it is sometimes very easy to let the "negatives" in your life consume you, but if you do, then you will ALWAYS be miserable and make others around you miserable. So...AMEN!
Ahhh... push back the plate you say? It seems when life's little pressures overwhelm me... that plate looks pretty good. A little boost of endorphines from a delicious taste experience goes along way. :)
Jeff- so good to hear from you!!! I get what you're saying about food, just venting on people constantly venting on me!! I gained 3 pounds this last month! Pot meet kettle!!
T and J- thanks for the comments, it's good to hear from you!
Mrs. Hill- (Insert energetic Baptist Minister voice here) Amen!!!
I know we all have our days but as a philosophy of life daily lives the Phillips household "Chooses JOY!"
Choosing the negative is exhausting and quality of life is poor.
Great post cousin- so down with this way of life: ACCOUNTABILITY FOR YOUR OWN HAPPINESS!
We are also doing our very best to be good examples for others...any suggestions for getting others on board? People stuck in Victim-ville are hard to move out of it...
Post a Comment