This time of year always reminds me of high school. Friday night football, hanging out with the girls, hot chocolate, waiting for my forbidden boyfriend after the game and "just knowing" there would never be a time in my life as good as that. Man I loved high school! I mean I REALLY loved it! I loved walking down the hall, the boys, passing notes, the boys, dance team, and having a big group of friends. You think this is it! This is the best to be! Little did I know the best wasn't even close yet for me. I love my life, my family, my job, and wouldn't change a fraction of it for "one more day" back then. It sure is fun to reminisce with high school friends and look at old pictures, but that's enough for me. I heard a great quote one time that said
"...they say childhood is the best time in your life, however I believe childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to get over..."
That always cracks me up. It's so true, but that quotes probably best used for a different blog. So what does fall stir up in you?
the annual trip to the apple orchard, high school football, college football, backyard football, pro football, keeping the window open at night and piling on the blankets, leaves changing (and falling and me NOT raking them up) and Thanksgiving...but then the love stops when the snow falls. I love autumn!!!
"We are an arrogant species, full of terrible potential, but we also have a great capacity for love, friendship, generosity, kindness, faith, hope, and joy."
"Dean Koontz"
My idea of heaven is sitting on the backporch with my husband while it rains; My babies laughter melts my heart; These are the words that make my skin crawl: goolash, chuckle, moist, nibble, giggle, hoity-toity; I'm constantly interupting people and hate that about myself; It drives me crazy when people missuse your and you're; I love the smell of trash burning; I'm constantly counting lines everywhere, smallest to biggest (don't know if it's a little OCD or I'm just bored); I love my job and the people I work with and know how rare that is to find; I want to paint again; I miss teaching dance; I love to swim but obsess over the shark in the pool with me; I'm deathly afraid of frogs but will kill a black widow spider with my finger; My children never go to bed wondering if I love them and so I feel like I have half the battle won; I believe you make your own family
1 comment:
the annual trip to the apple orchard, high school football, college football, backyard football, pro football, keeping the window open at night and piling on the blankets, leaves changing (and falling and me NOT raking them up) and Thanksgiving...but then the love stops when the snow falls. I love autumn!!!
Post a Comment